Dienstag, 5. Mai 2009

A grey day today


Today it's grey and rainy. Not a day for doing anything outside - which is a shame because I've just decided I should write a "Good Spielplatz Guide" for Cologne, Düsseldorf and Bonn. Why? Because I seem to be spending half my life sitting in playgrounds these days.

I think I have a pretty good idea of what makes a good one and what makes a rubbish one. Of course the criteria will be entirely slummy mummy based such as: how close is the nearest kiosk/coffee facilities and/or beer garden, is there a loo nearby (for parents that is - kids can wee in bushes), will the playground "stuff" keep kids entirely absorbed and allow me to read a book? How dangerous is the playground, near to roads. Is there a bunch of drunks sitting in the corner, etc. etc.

I am of course an expert on Cologne, but Bonn and Düsseldorf will need a bit of research, so I'm going to have to find some spies to give me tips before I do a reccie day with the kids. Hopefully I'll  finish it before the kids decide Nintendo's are more fun than swinging and sliding.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen