Freitag, 8. Mai 2009

Facebook, schmacebook.....grrrrrr



I am so seriously thinking about wiping my account on Facebook.

Like an addict I look at it every day, more than once, scrolling hopefully down the status updates - looking for.... what? I don't know? What am I hoping to get out of Facebook? I think I've reached the limit of old friends I want to be back in touch with again, and all my family members with a computer are there as well. It's always nice to find new "real-time" friends on Facebook and make their acquaintance "virtually" but these are people I see every week anyway.

I think I'm always hoping someone will post something spectacular. Something that either uplifts and inspires me, or makes me laugh so hard I leave a puddle under my chair. Seeing old pictures was entertaining for a few minutes, until I realised that my old bosses, work colleagues, new business partners etc. could potentially also see me aged 14 holding a can of Special Brew at a dodgy 80's party, wearing an orange shirt buttoned up to the neck.

I blame Flight of the Conchords for raising my expectations too high - one of the first things I saw on a friend of a friends Facebook page, was a clip of them doing their Hip-hop-apotamus rap, and it floored me. It made me think that Facebook would provide me with a constant stream of ridiculous and hilarious entertainment. I have been misled.

Also - I seem to have accepted various friend request from people I don't actually know - whose posts are now clogging my status-update-box-bit (technical term) with utter rubbish. Yes I know I should delete them - but I fear they'll be offended and will then start 'mobbing' me, or 'dissing' me to their friends, who will then set up a "I hate Inselaffe" account and discredit me across the virtual landscape.......

Or not.

Anyway - I'm giving it a couple more weeks and if it doesn't turn up anything outstanding in that time I'm finished with it, defriending it forever, take that you massive social networking thing.....

More stuff like this please FB:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen