Montag, 17. August 2009

Hair today - is not there tomorrow


In the UK, under-arm and leg hair is BAD, as is chest hair, back hair even the hair on your privates. Here in Europe, it's OK.

Well it used to be. Anyone old enough will clearly remember when Nena (of 99 Red Balloons fame) lifted her arm up on Top of The Pops. Oh the outcry: "99 Brown Pit Hair's" shouted the Sun's headline the next day, "When will Europe's Wookie women discover the razor!" screamed the Mail (probably).

Meanwhile - the German reaction was "Ja? Und?"

When I got here I thought I could start to relax the whole shaving routine - but it was not to be - there's not a hairy leg, pit, chest or back in sight these days, everyone seems to be depilated and shaved to within an inch of their lives. And what with Brazilians and all those other fancy Vajayjay treatments, short and curleys are about as welcome as genital lice - which - thanks to the lack of short and curleys are on the decrease. I guess there's an upside.

Even men are hairless - I've noticed this in the sauna and I don't like it. The downstairs needs a bit of shrubbery to hide in if you ask me otherwise there's an unpleasant resemblance to one of those nude rodents.

These days if I see that rare thing, a hairy leg on a woman, my initial thought is: "Thank christ, hair's back in fashion." But then I look again and think, "Get a razor luv."


1 Kommentar: